Friday, April 25, 2008

What do I really need?

Matthew 10:7-10

As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep.

The call to me is still the same. As I go I am to be proclaiming the Kingdom of God through the work of Jesus. Jesus is clear that we are not to get caught up with having stuff, or in trusting in what we have to provide for ourselves. Those who follow Jesus are to trust God to be the one to meet their needs, however it applies in their own life context.

I often try to help out God. I’m not the first though. Back in Genesis Abraham thought that God needed some help in providing him a child. This caused Abraham nothing but trouble. In the same way when I try to give God a hand with my needs more often than not I screw things up. God allows me to partner with Him, but I have to trust Him and let Him do things His way

God help me to trust you! I don’t want to make my own plans because your are better. Guide my path. Amen.

No comments: