Thursday, May 29, 2008

Don't be stupid.

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates correction is stupid.

Proverbs 12:1

This proverb tells me that if I want to have knowledge that I need to embrace discipline and being corrected. A person that can not take being corrected in love is going to end up, well… stupid lacking in knowledge.

For me this starts with the Holy Spirit. If I don’t allow God’s Spirit to correct me when I am making poor choices then I will not be everything that I need to be. This can be with both sin issues in my heart and with just doing what God wants me to do instead of what I want to do.

This also applies to the people that God has put into my life to guide me. I need to respect their takes on what I am doing even if they tell me I am doing something wrong. Pride would tell me just to do what I think is right.

Pride makes me stupid.

God, by Your Spirit guide me down the right paths for my life. I need wisdom so guide me both yourself and through the people you have put into my life. Amen.

No comments: