Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Throttle the crap out of it.

Jesus said, "No procrastination. No backward looks. You can't put God's kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day." (Luke 9:62 The Message)

This stuck me as the most profound thing that I have read all week. You can't put off God's kingdom till tomorrow. It makes me think of another Bible verse in Joshua... "Choose this day who you will serve, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord." (Personal Paraphrase)

When we choose our agenda instead of God's kingdom we really choose not to serve the Lord.

I want to put God's Kingdom in my today. I want to seize the day and throttle the crap out of it so that when I go to sleep I know that God is happy with me. I want to go to sleep know that what I did will result in people loving Jesus more or that people will come to say YES to Him for the first time. Even if the result is not instant I want to see it happen out of what I do.

How can we do this consistently? Thats for another day. Peace!

No comments: