Friday, November 30, 2007

Insulate

From the Blog of Pastor Steven Furtick:

God will never insulate me
from my need for Him.

I think too many of the prayers I pray revolve around God giving me more security.
Not the good kind of security: security in Christ, security in His Word, etc.
The kind of security that would make God unnecessary in my life.
In other words, false security.

I want God to tie up all the loose ends in my life, until I’ve got it all under control. Tell me the 50 year plan so I can get cracking, and never look back. And that’s just never going to happen.
The nature of relationship with God will not permit Him to position me circumstantially so deeply in my self-sufficiency that He becomes a footnote in my life.

God will never insulate me
from my need for Him.

No comments: