Thursday, October 11, 2007

Looking in all the wrong places.

They were puzzled, wondering what to make of this. Then, out of nowhere it seemed, two men, light cascading over them, stood there. The women were awestruck and bowed down in worship. The men said, "Why are you looking for the Living One in a cemetery? He is not here, but raised up. Remember how he told you when you were still back in Galilee that he had to be handed over to sinners, be killed on a cross, and in three days rise up?" Then they remembered Jesus' words.

This is from my daily Bible reading for today, and I wanted to share a few thoughts.

I, more often that I would like, encounter times in my life that are un-fun. In fact sometimes I have to deal with periods of time that flat out suck. And normally when that happens I do what any good believer in Jesus would do.

I whine. I complain. I indulge in self-pity.

Oh woe is me! Jesus has forgotten me in my suffering, oh God where are you!

It almost makes me feel holy, like I'm writing a Psalm.

The problem is that I'm looking for Jesus in the graveyard, I'm looking for him at the tomb, when I should be looking for Him alive and active in my life. God is always doing something good around me and in my life and it's my job to find it.

He's alive and He's good. God save us from our own bad perspective on the world.

No comments: